In my current research, I focus on (consumer) behavior in digital environments, where I am specifically interested in how individuals manage their online privacy and how they respond to marketing communication techniques that make use of personal data (such as personalized advertising or online behavioral advertising).
An important aspect of my research involves the use of nudges or heuristic cues thay may subtly influence online behavior, such as choice architecture (opt-in vs. opt-out designs) and the effects of trust cues and data collection notices on data disclosure behaviors and advertising effectiveness.
- Privacy Concerns
- Psychological Ownership of personal data
- Online Behavioral Advertising / Personalization
- Advertising Effectiveness
- Choice architecture and design
- Individual Control
- Resistance to Persuasion
Google Scholar Link
Ik doceer momenteel in de volgende vakken:
- Going Viral (MOD01) 201800094
- Essentials in Communication Sciences 201800090
- Societal Challenges 201800092
- Research Topics 201800091
- The Privacy Paradox (MOD06) 201800002