I am a tenure track assistant professor at the University of Twente (UT). I am leading the Dynamic Nanophotonic group that is currently hosted by the Nanobiophysics chair. The Dynamic Nanophotonics group is part of the Applied Nanophotonics and Soft Matter clusters at the UT.
Before joining UT, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the NanoPhotonic Center, Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge from 2017 to 2020 and my research focused on light-matter interaction in ultrasmall mode volume plasmonic nanocavities. This research was funded by the NWO Rubicon fellowship. In 2016, I obtained a PhD degree (cum laude) from the University of Twente, and worked on controlling and enhancing optical energy density (using wavefront shaping) inside complex nanophotonic systems. Prior to that, I obtained a master’s degree in photonics from the Abbe School of Photonics at the University of Jena, Germany and a bachelor in physics/electronics from the Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria.
Research interests: nanophotonics - plasmonics - light-matter coupling - Raman spectroscopy - protein aggregation - wavefront shaping
Vacancy: I have an open position for a postdoc, see description here.
21. M. Wang, T. Wang, O. S. Ojambati, T.J Duffin, K. Kang, T. Lee, E. Scheer, D. Xiang, C. A. Nijhuis, "Plasmonic phenomena in molecular junctions: principles and applications", Nature Reviews Chemistry, 1-24 (2022)
20. O.S. Ojambati, "Optical energy on demand", Nature Physics 18 (3), 227-228 (2022)
19. L. A Jakob, W. M. Deacon, O. Hicks, I. Manyakin, O. S Ojambati, M. Traxler, J. J Baumberg, Single photon multiclock lock-in detection by picosecond timestamping, Optica 8 (12), 1646-1653 (2021)
18. R. Pandya, R.Y.S Chen, Q. Gu, J. Sung, C. Schnedermann, O.S. Ojambati, et al. Microcavity-like exciton-polaritons can be the primary photoexcitation in bare organic semiconductors. Nat Commun 12, 6519 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-021-26617-w
17. O.S. Ojambati, K.B. Arnardottir, B. W. Lovett, J. Keeling, J. J. Baumberg, "Few-emitter lasing in single ultra-small nanocavities", arXiv preprint arXiv:2107.14304
16. J. Huang, O. S. Ojambati, R. Chikkaraddy, K. Sokolowski, Q. Wan, J. J. Baumberg, “Plasmon-induced trap state emission of single quantum dots”, Physical Review Letters 126, 047402 (2021). DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.126.047402
15. O. S. Ojambati, W. M. Deacon, R. Chikkaraddy, C. Readman, Q. Lin, Z. Koczor-Benda, E. Rosta, O. A. Scherman, J.J. Baumberg, “Breaking the selection rules of spin-forbidden transitions in plasmonic nanocavities", ACS Photonics 7, 9, 2337–2342 (2020). DOI: 10.1021/acsphotonics.0c00732
14. A. Casalis de Pury, X. Zheng, O. S. Ojambati, A. Trifonov, C. Grosse, M-E. Kleemann, V. Babenko, D. Purdie, T. Taniguchi, K. Watanabe, A. Lombardo, G.A.E. Vandenbosch, S. Hofmann, and J.J. Baumberg, “Localised nano-resonator mode in plasmonic microcavities”, Physical Review Letters 124, 093901 (2020). DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.124.093901
13. M. J. Horton, O. S. Ojambati, R. Chikkaraddy, W. M. Deacon, N. Kongsuwan, A. Demetriadou, O. Hess, J. J. Baumberg, “Nanoscopy through plasmonic nano-lenses”, Proceedings of National Academy of Science 117 (5) (2020). DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1914713117
12. O. S. Ojambati, R. Chikkaraddy, W. M. Deacon, J. Huang, D. Wright, J. J. Baumberg. “Efficient generation of two-photon excited phosphorescence from molecules in plasmonic nanocavities”, Nano Letters 20, 6, 4653–4658 (2020). DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.0c01593
11. M. Kamp, B. de Nijs, N. Kongsuwan, M. Saba, R. Chikkaraddy, C. A. Readman, W. M. Deacon, J. P. Griffiths, S. J. Barrow, O. S. Ojambati, D. A. Wright, J. Huang, O. Hess, O. A. Scherman and J. J. Baumberg. “Cascaded Nano-Optics to Probe Microsecond Molecular Dynamics”, Proceedings of National Academy of Science 117 (26) (2020). DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1920091117
10. O. S. Ojambati, R. Chikkaraddy, W. Deacon, M. Horton, D. Kos, V. A. Turek, U. Keyser, J. J. Baumberg, “Quantum electrodynamics at room temperature coupling a single vibrating molecule with a plasmonic nanocavity”, Nature Communications 10 (2019). DOI: 10.1038/s41467-019-08611-5
9. D. Devashish, O. S. Ojambati, S. B. Hasan, J. J. W. van der Vegt, W. L. Vos, “Three-dimensional photonic band gap cavity with finite support: enhanced energy density and optical absorption”, Physical Review B 99 (075112), 2019.
8. P. Hong*, O. S. Ojambati*, A. Lagendijk, A. P. Mosk, W. L. Vos, “Three-dimensional spatially-resolved optical energy density enhanced by wavefront shaping.” Optica 5, 844 (2018).*Equal contributions.
7. F. Mariani, W. Loeffler, M. Aas, O. S. Ojambati, P. Hong, W. L. Vos, M. P. van Exter, “Scattering media characterization with phase-only wavefront modulation”, Optics Express 26, 2369 (2018).
6. O. S. Ojambati, H. Yılmaz, A. Lagendijk, A. P. Mosk, W. L. Vos, “Coupling of energy into the fundamental diffusion mode of a complex nanophotonic medium.” New Journal of Physics 18, 043032 (2016).
5. O. S. Ojambati, A. P. Mosk, I. M. Vellekoop, A. Lagendijk, W. L. Vos, “Mapping the energy density of shaped waves in scattering media onto a complete set of diffusion modes”, Optics Express 24, 18525 (2016).
4. O. S. Ojambati, J. T. Hosmer-Quint, K. J. Gorter, A. P. Mosk, W. L. Vos, “Controlling the intensity of light in large areas at the interfaces of a scattering medium”, Physical Review A 54, 043834 (2016).
3. M. A. Aweda, M. Agida, M. Dada, O. B. Awojoyogbe, K. Isah, O. P. Faromika, K. B. M. Boubaker, K. De, O. S. Ojambati, “Boubaker Polynomials Expansion Scheme Solution to the Heat Transfer Equation Inside Laser Heated Biological Tissues”, Journal of Heat Transfer. 134, 064503 – 064504, (2012).
2. O. B. Awojoyogbe, O. P. Faromika, M. Dada, K. Boubaker, O. S. Ojambati, “Mathematical Models of Real Geometrical Factors in Restricted Blood Vessels for the Analysis of CAD (Coronary Artery Diseases) Using Legendre, Boubaker and Bessel Polynomials,” Journal of Medical Systems 35, 1513 – 1520, (2011).
1. M. A. Aweda, M. Agida, M. Dada, O. B. Awojoyogbe, K. Isah, O. P. Faromika, K. Boubaker, K. De, O. S. Ojambati, “A solution to Laser-induced Heat Equation inside a Two-layer Tissue Model Using Boubaker Polynomials Expansion Scheme", Journal of Laser Micro/Nanoengineering 6, 105 – 109 (2011).